Sunday, April 13, 2008

Urban News Vol. 13

A quick hitter on this Sunday afternoon while I am in my office taking advantage of the advanced version of Power Point for my presentation. This one is a little short on concrete details, but is hopeful nonetheless as it could have a cascade effect on the Cadillac Hotel and the rest of the block.

by Diana Louise Carter, Rochester Democrat & Chronicle

Article Key Points:
  • Planning 30-40 condos in the 9 story building
  • First two floors devoted to retail
  • Bought the building after the announced plans of ESL to relocate downtown
  • Notes a second generation of downtown developers and proposed projects on St. Paul St.

As Bruce Katz stated numerous times in the RRCDC's lecture series, we are at the shallow end of the pool as far as downtown development is concerned.

I have one more slide to finish before I begin to strategize the speaking portion of my presentation. I will probably (unless something major comes up) not be posting until Friday when I will recap the first meeting of the Rochester New Urbanism and Sustainable Development meetup. There are only about 4 spaces left in the meeting room. If you're interested in attending, I'd appreciate if you RSVP'd through the meetup.

No comments: